Dear Division 16,
There are two parks in Vancouver that do not yet have names. One on Yukon and West 17th Avenue and the other on Main and East 18th Avenue.
You can find information about the process and the parks here.
The city has a process where individual citizens can propose the names for city parks. They will accept names in the following categories:
- Neighbourhood, geographic, or common usage identification
- Natural or geological features
- Historical figure, place, event
- Other instance of historical/cultural significance
For your assignment today, please choose one of the two parks and propose a name that fits one of these categories. Think about parks that you know about already and what you like in a park name!
In your post, please indicate:
1. Which park you have chosen to propose a name
2. The proposed new name
3. Which category of names it falls into
I look forward to your responses!