Good afternoon, Division 16
In preparation for our new project, please consider our discussion this afternoon. We talked about definitions, and what kinds of things they include. The definition of definition is: “A statement of the exact meaning of the word”. Generally, definitions don’t use examples, and they don’t use the word that they are defining.
Today you came up with the following ways of defining “Technology”:
- advanced machines that use energy
- can be different in different places or times
- a device or machine designed to make something in life easier
- a human creation made to make life easier or more fun
- human-made creation that serve a purpose
- a human creation that hasn’t been invented before or has been improved on
For your homework, develop and post a definition of “Technology”
Keep in mind it should be brief and concise. Remember, you can look up the definition in a dictionary to guide you, but your definition must be unique.
Please remember your homework: Before Tuesday, discuss the question from class today with your family and come prepared to discuss on Tuesday.
The question is: “What role will technology play in our future”?