Think back to our discussion today about the different levels of government. Remember that we discussed the responsibilities of local (Vancouver) government. The local ballots include electing
- animal control
- business licensing
- building permits and inspections
- community and social services
- cultural services and programs
- economic development
- fire protection and flood control
- heritage preservation
- land use planning and zoning
- local utilities
- parking lots and structures
- public health inspections
- public housing
- waste management
- water and sewer
Do some internet research and find an article related to Vancouver government (one of the items above, city council, school board or parks board). Paste a link to the article in your response and answer the following questions about the article.
- What is this news article about?
- What are the arguments or supporting points being made?
- Who is the story most important to?
- How will the citizens of Vancouver be affected by this issue?
Some websites to try:
Remember to write in full sentences and answer each of the questions above.